Saturday, May 28, 2011

Before and After - blog challenge

2nd week blog challenge - Before and After Pictures




How the Lilies looked at Home Depot!
pansies from the front flower bed
front flower bed
Okay, so I know that I am a little behind on this blog challenge but things have been a little crazy lately. I can now say that spring has sprung in Idaho City. It has giving me the bug to plant flowers and do yard work. Last Saturday, Amanda and I were at home depot and picked up a couple of varities of flowers. A couple of years ago we had planted several colors of pansies in the front yard flower bed but only the purple/blue ones and one yellow one had come back up. So, we picked up some more yellow pansies. I also got some really pretty daisies which we planted in the planter in front of the shed. I planted impatunes under the large pine tree out back.  We have two planters on the deck which we usually fill with wave petunias but while at Home Depot I saw some really pretty peach colored lilies. I got one for each of the planters and then we got some purple wave petunias to go around them. They looked so good when we planted them! It really made it seem like spring was finally here to stay.


How the lilies look after the dogs got to them.
Impatuns under the pine tree


Then the dogs found them. It started out with the dogs just eating the petals off the blooms that were already out. But they quickly discovered the unopened buds too. Let's just say there are three dogs at my house who are being watched more closely when they go out to use the bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment